- The meeting was called to order at 6pm
- Schedule: We discussed the schedule for the spring, you can see the complete schedule on the Ultimate Calendar. The big question marks right now are 1. will weather hold up to allow the local division of YULA Invite to occur which will allow JV to attend, 2. What date will Shore Tour occur and will they host a girls division again. 3. Who will host this years VA State Tournament - Woodside or LC Bird.
- Dues: We discussed Spring Dues, at this time we are working to overcome the loss of revenue caused by the rain reschedule of our fall college tournament. We also have to plan assuming we will be traveling to States since we do not know otherwise at this time. As such we are expecting to be much shorter on funds than we were last year. We laid out 2 scenarios during the meeting, the first where dues would be higher now ($60-Var/Girls, $50-JV) the second where dues would be lower now ($50-Var/Girls, $40-JV) but we might have to ask for a second fee at the end of the year. With a nearly unanimous vote the higher initial fee was approved. As discussed this does not cover the per player fee charged by USAU for Southerns, that will be dealt with if we receive a bid. If you need to split the payment into installments of $30 a couple times or $20 3 times that is fine and we are happy to work with you just have your child discuss with Coach Chappell or Coach Richard.
- USA Ultimate Dues: As always all players are required to be up to date members of USAU in order to play in VA State and in Varisty's case in order to play in the college tournaments. You can go to the USAU Website and signup/renew, you also need to complete the online waiver at that time. Varsity needs to complete this by Feb. 27, everyone else needs to complete it as soon as possible.
- Jerseys: We will be putting up a Google Spreadsheet shortly with jersey information. You will need to fill in your name, size, number in the document. We will set a date for when this must be completed by and will give an update of the cost as soon as we get the information from Spin. We will be reordering whites, and shorts, we did darks in the fall. If you already have a white with the vertical woodside logo or shorts then you won't need to order unless you want a new one. Please note players at Southerns are required to have matching uniforms!
- Practice/School: In reference to practice we asked everyone to please attend practice as much as possible, we as a team only improve as much as we practice together. We do understand that school comes first and if your child can't attend because they are getting class work in line that is totally understandable. We will be having players run for grades sometime in the coming week.
- Southerns: We have limited details for Southerns right now, just a date and location, we expect to hear on if we are accepted or not sometime in mid-late March. At that time we will have a meeting for the parents/players who will be attending and discuss details further.
- Middle School Ultimate: We have been in contact with the middle schools which feed Woodside, we would like to find a way to get Ultimate into their PE curriculum's. We have had some positive response and hope to arrange for us to bring a few of our Senior players to the middle schools to talk about Ultimate and give a short presentation. Hopefully we will have more details coming soon.
- Player Contact Info: We are asking all players to send Coach Chappell a text with their name so he can rebuild his phone database. Please send him a text at 757-952-7067. Any parents who would like to do the same thing so you can be in touch if needed feel free to do so.
- Meeting adjourned 6:45pm
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
Posted by Richard at 8:35 AM